Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Laundry Room Makeover (pt.1)

A couple of weeks ago I got a little fed up with trying to keep my laundry room organized. After spending a some time on Pinterest (I may or may not have a little addiction) I thought.... "I can do this!" So I dusted off the old drafting board and went to work....


I came up with a plan and asked begged John to help me. And as usual, that amazing man went with it...knowing full well that "helping" me actually means doing most of the work.
I also recruited my dear friend, Diedra that has become a very talented furniture re-finisher. She walked me through the steps of painting the cabinets and let me tell you, I could not have done it without her.

So it started off looking like this:
Even with this cutie it was still just not measuring up.

So the work began...

The "before"

John carefully removed the baseboards.

Painting, and more painting.

That's Gabe. He was a huge help. Thanks Gabe!
With the baseboards removed and a base made for the big shelf unit it's going to look like a built-in.


Crown molding going up.

Starting the wall molding.


All the wood working is DONE!!!
 This is what got done the first weekend. Next weekend is Diego's birthday party so this project is being put on hold for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment