Wednesday, January 28, 2015

A Whole Half


Do you know what I think is crazy? The idea that running 13.1 miles is HALF of anything.
13.1 miles!!   RUNNING!!
My amazing husband did just that last weekend. He completed his first 13.1 miles race!!



It was really awesome. We went to various points on the route to cheer him on and each time I was blown away by how strong he looked. At the finish line I knew he had over 4 miles since the last point that we saw him and was worried about how he was holding up. When we saw him coming down the final stretch to the finish line (earlier than I was expecting) I almost jumped over the barrier! His pace was really good until the last 2-3 miles when his legs started cramping, but he pushed through and ended up with a respectable time of 2:23!






I'm so proud of him. He did it and did it well.
And presumably on that endorphin high, he signed up to do it again next year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment